Looking for the best Harley Quinn Tattoo Design Ideas? We’ve got you covered.
Ever since the release of the movie ‘Suicide Squad’ in 2016, a lot of the characters in the movie starring an ensemble cast of some of Hollywood’s famous names, gained popularity, though none of them were discussed as much as Harley Quinn. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm created the fictional character of the DC Comics, Harley Quinn is a rage amongst youngsters.
A supervillain, an accomplice and lover to the Joker, she was his psychiatrist at the Arkham Asylum in Gotham City. The characters of Joker and Harley Quinn share rather complicated, unhealthy, manipulative and crazy love affair and is admired by the fans.
The characterization of Harley Quinn as Joker’s sidekick in clown-themed attire, she appeared in Suicide Squad as a blonde with blue and pink dye on either side and blue and red shorts with fish-net stockings, sporting a rather crazy look like her character which became hugely popular with the general audience. Now, what caught the audience’s fancy the most, was the statement Harley Quinn tattoos the character sported, that created a new wave of popularity in the world of tattoos.
The Meaning Behind Harley Quinn’s Tattoos
Margot Robbie who plays Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad revealed in an interview that Quinn inked these tattoos herself in prison, ” they’re stuck and poke tattoos, prison-style tattoos, that you do when you don’t have a tattoo gun. She did them herself out of boredom and desperation.”
- Love for Joker and the toxic, dysfunctional relationship she shares with him.
- Her Fearlessness and Independence which makes her the cool supervillain she is.
- Strength and Power to fight.
- Obsession and Loyalty towards Joker.
Harley Quinn Tattoo Ideas
So, tattoos are most often about symbolism and hold some deeper meaning within them. Now, all the Harley Quinn tattoos are full of quirkiness and funky colors. However, they primarily reflect traits associated with the character.
- If your personality is as crazy as Harley, irrespective of gender, the ideal colors are red and black and pink and blue, the colors associated with Quinn’s character.
- They can be large portrait sized tattoos, small minimalistic tattoos, comic book style tattoos, cartoon or watercolor tattoos of Harley Quinn figure or face.
- Pure heart and diamond designs.
- Phrases like ‘I heart Puddin’’, ‘Daddy’s Lil Monster’ and words like ‘Rotten.’
- Couple tattoos of Joker’s and Quinn’s faces inked on you and your partner.
- Harley Quinn diamond and Poison Ivy’s, creeping ivy plant design incorporated together, symbolizing their bond.
Placement Ideas for Harley Quinn Tattoos
- Face, Harley Quinn has a tiny black heart inked on her face.
- Chest, as she has a tattoo with the phrase “Daddy’s Lil Monster” on her chest.
- Thighs, as a Puddin and a heart with an arrow passing through it are inked on the thigh.
- Abdomen, as a “Lucky You” tattoo on the lower abdomen.
- Legs have a tattoo of “Ha Ha Ha” text.
- In addition to the original Harley Quinn tattoo positions, you can get small, quirky tattoos on your wrist. Also, you can get one around your fingers, forearms, neck, and shoulders.
All in All, the Harley Quinn tattoos are a new cult of tattoo designs. Also, the rage is not stopping anytime soon as there are demands for a solo Harley Quinn spin-off DC movie. Hence, your Harley Quinn tattoo is not running out of style anytime soon. Also, if you have a personality as fun and edgy, and it reflects your style, you should definitely get a Harley Quinn Tattoo!